First, I must say I hope that you never have to record a Red Light because it does mean that you have broken your sobriety. BUT, please don't be overly hard on yourself. If you do indeed need to record one then do so and move on. We all make mistakes but the difference is if we learn from them.
How Red Lights work in recoveryBox.
- Each addiction will have a different Set of Red Lights. They are specific to your addiction. Until this point, all Green Lights and Yellow Lights have been the same for all addictions. recoveryBox wants to make this specific for your addiction.
- Record a reason why you acted out.
- Consider entering any triggers that you can think of that might help understand why you acted out. Even if you just can't make sense of it, enter the triggers anyway.
- Send the text/email to your accountability partner. Please don't skip this just because you have entered a red light. This is the most critical time that you need to honest. It might leave you feeling vulnerable but you are not alone. This is where you are going to get the support you need through a sponsor or accountability partner.
- recoveryBox WILL automatically adjust your sobriety date (if you are using that module) based on the red light that you enter. You don't need to worry about entering it in 2 different places.